• Advertisement

Long John Weekend -- 2013

Unity Racing forum

Long John Weekend -- 2013

Postby neutralzone » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Last Chance Motorsports will be celebrating the 65th Anniversary Year @ Unity Raceway {1948- 2013}, by hosting the Long John Weekend on October 11th thru October 13th, 2013. As the Annual Long John Weekend is fastly approaching us, we would like to extend an open invitation and welcome all drivers & race fans to come and finish the race season strong,with drivers from tracks all over the state @ Maine's Toughest Oval!
Concessions, tires, race fuel & race supplies will be available throughout the entire Long John weekend. Make sure you mark your calendars and pre-register NOW....Check out the website unityraceway.info or Unity Raceway Facebook for continual updates,schedules, rule packages, pit gate times & payouts. See ya at the track-- open practice session will be on Friday from 9am-3pm, and racing will be on Saturday & Sunday at 12 NOON. Wicked Good Vintage Racing Association will be racing on Saturday only........Give us a call at 207 768-1667 or 207 694-2715 for additional information. Thanks in advance for everyone's support at the 65th Anniversary celebration!!
neutralzone

Re: Long John Weekend -- 2013

Postby neutralzone » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Last Chance Motorsports has added a Race Your Neighbor Showdown to the Long John Race Weekend on Saturday's program. Come showcase your talents, and make the competition read your license plate, as you smoke by them! Racing starts at 12 Noon both Saturday & Sunday.
neutralzone

Postby neutralzone » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:57 am

The Official word is that the Long John Race Weekend on October 13th will be very interesting for the racefans and possibly more challenging for the competitive race teams in the Late Model Sportsman & Outlaw Sportsman divisions, as Last Chance Motorsports will be offering time trials to line up for the special features. Everyone always has a stopwatch in their hand, so let's see how accurate they are when the pressure is on. Hope to see everyone at the track for this one time deal to end the 2013 race season. Who will be the fastest @ Maine's Toughest Oval??
neutralzone

Postby b.krauter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 am

You gotta be kidding. Time trials are exciting for fans on what planet? Certainly not earth! To top It off time trials at a race in October that's already infamous for running long/late into the night. Oi!
b.krauter

Postby RaceFan2809 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 am

b.krauter wrote:You gotta be kidding. Time trials are exciting for fans on what planet? Certainly not earth! To top It off time trials at a race in October that's already infamous for running long/late into the night. Oi!

Totally agree... also with time trials your putting all your fast cars to the front.. no excitement in that when the green flag drops. Random draw and heat races can give the possibility of a fast car being stuck in the middle to back of the pack and have to fight to the front.. but what do i know, I am just a race fan.
RaceFan2809

Postby folsom racing » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:03 am

Has anyone seen a format for the Long John weekend ? Payouts , what classes are running which days ? How many to qualify ?
David I
folsom racing

Postby jd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 am

Not a good idea at all.......... Better re-think that one!
Championships are ultimate victories!
jd

Postby kgracer9 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 pm

I understand that the sounds of time trials may seem to be a bad idea. But has time trials ever occured at the Long John for any classes? Nope...so like my mom used to tell me about new foods, dont knock it till ya try it. Stop whining about everything Unity's managment (Past/Present/Future) does. Just so Andy B doesnt jump down my back, I am not nor will I be a Jere whatever his last name is band wagoner, but I think its so childish that over and over people bash managment for trying something new. If it fails, and is tried again, then yes...bash the crap out of it.

Kyle Gallant
kgracer9

Next

Return to Unity